Rain Garden Rebate Program
Spring 2015 Rain Garden Rebate Program
- Five (5) rain garden education workshops presented and nine (9) one-on-one rain garden educational meetings that collectively educated 85 people
- Seven (7) technical support sessions conducted, which produced a combined total of 60 personalized rain garden designs for 51 properties; 45 of the 51 properties that received designs are eligible for a rebate
- Fourteen (14) homeowners in the rebate area installed a total of 16 rain gardens!!!
- Thirteen (13) rebate applications received = $4,680 distributed (1 @ $450 in process)
- 2,919 square feet total combined area of installed rain gardens (48 - 405 square feet range in rain garden size)
- Three (3) rain garden cells were installed as a demonstration component of the project at the Carol Pager Sports Complex in Somerville, with the help of the Somerset County Parks Commission, the Somerville Department of Public Works, and the Leadership Somerset 2014 Group.
For the 30 residents in the rebate area who received designs and have not yet submitted their application, there is still time! The rebate submission deadline is October 30, 2015. Do not miss the opportunity to receive a gift card valued up to $450 for installing a rain garden on your property, which will contribute to decreasing contaminants from reaching your local waterways and will help to alleviate flooding.
Bridgewater, Raritan & Somerville Eligibility Map - The Spring 2015 Rain Garden Rebate Program will educate residents in the Bridgewater, Raritan, and Somerville areas on how they can build beautiful gardens that help keep the rain from the drain.
Rain Garden Rebate Application - Bridgewater, Raritan, and Somerville Residents
Photo Album #1 - Spring 2015 Rain Garden Rebate Program
Photo Album #2 - Carol Pager Sports Complex Rain Gardens (Exchange Field)